Aaron Judge, the superstar slugger for the New York Yankees. You know the name, you’ve seen the home runs. Heres some things you may not know.
- Set the Linden High School record for touchdowns as a wide receiver
- He wears a size 17 in shoes
- Judge had a closed adoption meaning he never had contact with his parents. “I have one set of parents, the ones that raised me. That’s how it is.”
- Hit home run in his first MLB at-bat.
- Has a bubble gum superstition. It begins just moments before first pitch — with a superstition. Judge pops two pieces of Dubble Bubble sugar-free bubblegum in his mouth. Until he makes an out, he’ll continue to chew it. If he picks up a hit in his first at-bat, it stays in. Another hit, and he keeps chewing. Another …
“Hopefully, by the end of the night, I have a nasty, old, unflavored piece of gum in my mouth,” Judge says. (Eric Chesterton)
- Appeared on the Tonight Show undercover and interviewed fans about himself.
Stay tuned for weekly player profiles!